Get ready for an amazing journey!
Join master teachers Demi Langford, Aaron Hunsaker and Sammy Brown on a two-month transformative journey that will offer you a greater understanding of the roots of yoga, the philosophy, and what it means to be a teacher. Through the teachings you will have the opportunity to develop greater confidence in yourself and the practice to embark upon the rewarding path of sharing the gift of yoga. This will be a life-changing experience whether you plan to teach or not. Training is open to all levels, beginners and long time practitioners. All that is required is a commitment to the path of self-inquiry and love.
The program will incorporate lecture and discussion as well as practical workshops. Expect to use current studio classes like Alignment & Refinement, Yoga for Flexibility, Yoga Boheme Power Vinyasa, and Candlelight Yoga to enhance your education. You will also participate in the weekly 30 Day Challenge as a way to support your personal practice.
Training will take place on the following days of the week:
Tuesdays 5:30pm – 9pm
Thursdays 4pm – 9pm
Fridays 5pm – 9pm
Saturdays 8am – 5pm
Training sessions will take place every other week.
Week 1 – May 2nd - May 5th
- Anatomy: pelvis and lumbar spine
- Foundations: sanskrit and samkhya
- Teaching skills: sequencing and energy flow of a class
Week 2 – May 14th – May 19th
- Anatomy: shoulders and thoracic spine
- Foundations: prana vyau
- Teaching skills: holding space and presence as a teacher
Week 3 – May 28th – June 2nd
- Anatomy: pelvis and femur
- Modifications, assists, and counter-indications
- Teaching skills: finding your voice as a teacher
Week 4 – June 11th – June 16th
- Anatomy: shoulder and back
- Foundations: understanding and empowering the chakras
- Breath patterning
- Yoga for the back and restorative yoga
- Teaching skills: hands-on assist, using music, themes, and inspiration in teaching
Week 5 – June 21st – June 23rd
- Weekend retreat at Alta Lodge
Week 6 – July 9th – July 14th
- Anatomy: cumulative full body review
- How it all interconnects
- Partner yoga
- Teaching skills: business of yoga, finding your niche, teaching to beginners, sustainability and support as a teacher
- Ending potluck dinner celebration
Yoga Central’s Teacher Training program includes a vigorous asana practice. We strongly recommend that applicants have at least one year of consistent asana practice; however, this is not a requirement of the program.
To reserve your place in the training, you must submit the complete application along with a minimum non-refundable $200 deposit by March 15th, 2013. Enrollment is limited to 15 participants, so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible. We may accept last minute applications only if there is space in the program. You will need to pay tuition by March 21st. Financing options are available (see below).
The complete application includes:
- Primary Application
- Payment Information
- Program Participation Agreement
You have three options for submitting your completed application:
2. Mail: Mail the application to Yoga Central, attn: Stacy Blaylock
3. In-person: Drop your application and deposit in a sealed envelope at the front desk. Please write “Attn: Teacher Training” on the top of your envelope.
You may make your deposit and pay for the training using cash, check, or credit. If writing a check, please address to “Yoga Central.” To pay with credit, you will need to complete the transaction through Yoga Central’s website or pay at the studio’s front desk.
If you are unable to pay the $2,500 training tuition up front, financing options are available. You may split your tuition into:
1. Two payments of $1,300 for a total of $2,600
Payments due by March 21st and April 19th
2. Four payments of $675 for a total of $2,700
Payments due by March 21st, April 1st, April 22nd, and May 6th
If neither of these financing plans is feasible for you, we are willing to help you build custom payments.